Subject: Thank you
From: Paul Hickman <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 2 Oct 1993 13:17:59 +0100

Thanks for testing my PratchED program & replying (I send it to 20 people, and
only 8 have given me feedback) - you will be credited in the doc file for your
assistance. I have almost finished the program now, and I haven't heard of any
bugs in the latest version, so I hope to release it soon.

I am just re-writting the requester code, to make it totally portable - just
copy the procedures to another program, and to add new requester features

 - Press a key when no string gadget is active now works with an number of
   gadgets in the string.

 - Check mark options & Apple style Radio-Buttons included in requesters

 - A selector gadget inclued. This is like the filename list in the
   fie requester, along with the attached slider

 - Sliders don't use the AMOS slider commands anymore, so they don't flicker
   so much, and they have Up / Down arrows (Or Left Right)

 - The REQUEST_GET_INPUT procedure now handles user I/O for all requesters
   (Including file, about, and hypertext).

 - The about requester will be moveable like the rest.

 - Requesters will work on 4/8/16/32/64 colour screens

 - File requester brings up a Retry / MakeDir / Cancel requester if you
   type a non-existant path.

I hope to release the requester code as a seperate PD program, with a guide
to using it. I am also working on the sequel to PratchED - The PratchED Hex
editor. I hope to improve on hex editors such as NewZap by allowing you to
change the length of the file, insert / overwrite text, and include the
normal WPC Cut/Copy/Paste etc functions.

If you would be interested in testing this program, please mail me.

Paul.